Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Feta walnut spread

Blog of Note A Hungry Bear Won't Dance has a gluten free recipe I thought I'd share with you:

2 cups walnuts
1 pound feta, crumbled
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons paprika
cayenne pepper, to taste

In a food processor, grind the walnuts until they are in very small pieces. Add the crumbled feta and the olive oil to the bowl of the processor and mix until a smooth paste forms. If it is too thick, add the water now, slowly, through the feed tube, until a smooth paste forms. The spread shouldn’t be too thick, nor too thin, so add the water slowly. You may need more than 1/4 cup. Add the paprika, and the cayenne pepper. Mix well. Spoon the spread out into a serving bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil and some paprika.

6 comments:

I love Lucy said...

Yum this sounds so good, so simple to make too but i'm sure it taste more than just that! Can't wait to try it! What do you recommend to pair it up with?

melanie lace said...

Sounds delicious. This is also a great vegetarian app for the holidays,

Melanie's Randomness said...

this looks so good. It looks like humus. I'll try this!!

Destination Inspiration said...

oh my, yum yum this sounds delicious

down pillow said...

Mmmm, I love me some feta - thanks for the recipe :)

seesaw said...

looks yummy.