Friday, February 20, 2009

Weekly links

I don't know about you, but this week flew by for me. What's everybody doing this weekend? I'll be watching the Oscars on Sunday--it's sort of a big deal at our house.

Do you think Angelina and Brad will win? I did catch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button--Brad's performance is quite good, but I'm just not sure. Sean Penn already took Oscar home a few years ago for Mystic River. And last night I watched The Visitor starring Richard Jenkins, also a Best Actor nominee. Good but not great. (i.e. movie and Mr. Jenkins.)

Now Mickey Rourke has been a fave of mine forever. But then there's the seventy-one year old Broadway actor Frank Langella who has yet to receive an Academy Award.

I have an aunt who used to get rather persnickety with the whole Best Actor/Actress categories. She said the only true way to determine who is "the best" would be if the same role had been interpreted by each actor, thus five different ways. Whaaat?!! Brad as Nixon? I don't think so.

Anyway, have a good one. Here are your links:

discover ten uses for pillowcases at Apartment Therapy

make a yoga mat bag from old pants at Craftzine

craft a table using old magazines at Re-Nest via WhipUp

make a collapsible travel dish for your pet at Craft Stylish

match a paint color to an object you love at Apartment Therapy

make gluten free gazpacho, Italian salad, pizza AND pasta primavera c/o Emeril at Beyond Rice Cakes (Four-in-one this week!)

turn a grate into a storage space at Apartment Therapy

(Photo via Flickr)

3 comments:

Miss | A said...

you are spotlighted today on my blog if you want to link back. :)

Cynthia said...

I plan to watch the Oscars tomorrow night too. The thing is that I have not seen any of the movies so I am an open book where is comes to saying whom I'd like to win.

Thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

How did you like the show? I couldn't get reception (Grrr!) so didn't watch the actual awards, but I did drool over all the fashion this morning on people.com. Some gorgeous gowns on the red carpet this year!